Pages

Friday 27 May 2016

All about my culture.

Hi my name is Wally-Mei Rou Turner beckham. I am from the Maori Culture. In  my culture we do Kapa Haka. It is a performance to the other Maori people and visitors. As we do the Haka we also do a waiata with the Haka. Some people hold the green stone and the other people hold a Tiaha. Some maori people have Moko's on their chins. Some people have their own Maraes with carvings and when it is Kai time we like having Hangi's where the food is cooked underground on hot stones. Hungi's are really yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wallymei, I really like your story about your culture. Thank you for sharing such wonderful things about the Maori Culture. It would be great next time if you could maybe add your writing to a presentation and add some images that represent your culture so that it stands out to the readers. Keep up the great work in class! :)

    ReplyDelete